In some cases, due to changes made to Mac's Gatekeeper functionality, some older, but still safe applications may have troubles installing. This can happen to the Instant Orchestra installer. If you run into a problem running the installer, please try the steps below to install Garritan Instant Orchestra.
Launching the Garritan Instrant Orchestra installer
In order to run the installer, you will need to run the actual executable file in the installer package. Here is how to do so using Terminal:
- Close any open programs.
- Double-click the "Garritan_Instant_Orchestra_MAC_1032.dmg" file to open it.
- Hold down the CONTROL key on your computer keyboard and click the "Install Garritan" icon and choose Show Package Contents.
- Open the Contents folder.
- Open the MacOS folder.
- Hold down the CONTROL key on your computer keyboard and click the "Install Garritan IO" file; choose Open With > Terminal.
- You will be prompted with a message asking if you would like to open this Unix application, choose Open.
- The Install Garritan IO dialog box will appear behind the Terminal window as depicted below. Click it to bring it to the front.
- In the Install Garritan IO window, choose Install.
- You can now complete the Garritan installer as you would normally.
Be sure to restart your computer after completing the installation. And, in most cases, you will need to update your ARIA Player to use with more recent DAWs and notation software. You can update your ARIA player here.