There are several possibilities if you aren't seeing the Submit button up near your assessment score after recording a take.
- Make sure you have logged in - students are not connected to assignments unless they have logged in after launching SmartMusic.
- Choose the assignment from under the Assignments dashboard. Some students will open the Method Book or "What we're playing" if the assignment name matches those other dashboards.
- Don't use the Prev and Next buttons when working on method book assignments or exercises. This takes you away from assignments.
- If SmartMusic cannot find a microphone, you will be able to open an assignment but not submit it. Make sure your microphone is working before beginning work on assignments.
- Do not pause or click Stop take while doing an assignment - this invalidates the assignment. Wait for the piece to completely finish. Clicking Pause will also invalidate your attempt.
- Windows Vista's "Parental Controls" web content filter feature can interfere with the SmartMusic assignment process. Try disabling this feature before you launch and work with assignments. Windows 7 has this feature as well, but does not seem to interfere with SmartMusic. You will need to re-open the assignment and redo takes after disabling Parental Controls.