Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and later have a feature called Gatekeeper, which can prevent software from installing if it has not been digitally signed for the OS. A recent Apple security update is causing the SmartMusic installer to appear as though it were from an unidentified developer. There are two methods for allowing these programs to install.
- After downloading the installer, when you are prompted to Double Click to install, Control+click on the SmartMusic.app icon and choose Open
- Select Open on the next dialog box to begin the installation.
System Preferences method
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences > Security and Privacy.
- Click the padlock and enter your administrator password to make changes.
- Click the Anywhere button under Allow applications downloaded from and close System Preferences.