There is a known issue with slow performance on Macs with Retina displays. Finale has difficulty redrawing the screen at a very high resolution, resulting in sluggish performance.
If you are on a Mac using a Retina display, you can workaround this issue by opening the application in Low Resolution mode instead.
- Quit Finale if it's open.
- In the Finder, choose Applications from the Go menu.
- In the Applications folder that opens, click Finale's icon so it's highlighted.
- Choose Get Info from the File menu.
- Place a checkmark next to Open in Low Resolution.
- Close the window and open Finale again.
If you still encounter slow performance after these steps, please submit a support case to our Customer Success Team. Please include the steps you have taken in your description of the issue.
Please also follow the steps below to include a System Profile that your computer creates.
- Close any open programs.
- From the menu bar at the top of your screen, click Go > Utilities.
- In the folder appears, double-click the program named System Information.
- When the System Information program opens, click File > Save.
- Save the report as an SPX file to your Desktop.
- Attach that SPX file (which will be located on your Desktop) to your email to Customer Success.