There is an incorrect setting in Human Playback Preferences which prevents Jazz KS mutes from working in Finale 2010-2014.5. To correct this, follow these steps:
- Open a document that uses the JABB 3 library.
- From the MIDI/Audio menu, go to Human Playback, and click Human Playback Preferences.
- Expand the Garritan: Jazz, Big Band & Marching Band category under Instrument Techniques and Effects.
- Double click the Brass: Cup Mute technique.
- Under the Apply Only section, keep the filter as is, but change the text in the text field to "Garritan" (without quotes).
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the remaining two mute techniques.
- Click Save and Close.
The mute key switches should now trigger properly.