We are aware of an issue where Finale 2011 may not be able to validate EastWest plugins for use within Finale running on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Please try the following:
- Verify that you have placed the 32-bit version of the Play_VST.dll file into Finale's VST Folder.
C:\Program Data*\MakeMusic\Finale 201x\VST Support
- Right-click the Finale icon and choose Run as administrator.
- Go to MIDI/Audio > Device Setup > Manage VST Plug Ins.
- Select the Play_VST.dll listed in the Inactive Plug-ins section.
- Click Make Active to validate the plug-in.
*This is a hidden folder. To show hidden files and folders, go to the Explorer's Tools Menu (XP) or the Organize Menu (Vista/7), Folder and Search Options, the View tab, and select the "Show hidden files and folders" option.