This article pertains to Finale 2011. If you are using Finale 2014.5 and you are on macOS Sierra (10.12) check out this article instead: Finale products and macOS 10.12 Sierra.
There are known problems in Finale 2011 when adding SmartMusic Markers to the score via the Utilities menu. Incorrect placement and program hangs can occur.
To avoid this issue, we recommend adding markers via the Expression Tool.
- Select the Expression Tool.
- Double-click where the Expression is to be placed.
- Select the Miscellaneous Category.
- Click Create Misc. Expression.
- Switch to the Playback Tab.
- Under Type, select SmartMusic Marker.
- Select the type of Marker needed.