Updated on 12/08/2016 with to include v25.2.
In some cases, the 2015 Visual Studio C++ Redistributable package that is necessary for Finale to install and run properly will not install based on potential issues with Windows updates. The error that users would have seen (prior to the updating of the installer) if the 2015 C++ Redistributable was not installing would've looked like this...
If you are receiving any error but this one, please do not use the steps in this article. Instead, visit this article.
If you are receiving this error, then please follow the steps below to install Finale v25.2...
Note: These steps apply to Windows 7 and Windows 8. If you are on Windows 10 and are encountering the error described above, do not use these steps, but please make sure that all Windows updates are installed including the latest Windows 10 anniversary update (for Win 10 users).
Additional Note: In order to install Finale v25.2 you need to be using a 64-bit Windows operating system. If you are getting errors about the required x64 architecture, these steps may not apply. Please check your system information to see if you have a 64-bit operating system.
Installing Finale v25.2
- Log into your MakeMusic account here.
- Click the green Download link in the Finale (Version 25) section to download the full v25.2 installer.
- Once the download has completed, close all open programs (except this browser) and run the Finale v25.2 installer.
- Once the installer has completed, restart your computer.
- Relaunch Finale.
If you are receiving the error message depicted below when you launch Finale, continue with the remaining steps. Otherwise, you are good to go!
- Close Finale and any other open programs; this web browser can remain open.
- Use this link to get the download of this standalone update from Microsoft.
- Run the downloaded update's installer.
- Restart your computer.
- Relaunch Finale.