If you launch Finale on Windows (7 through 10) and you see the message below, this indicates that there is a conflict between Finale and the Windows print spooler. Please try the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Close Finale and any other open programs (this web browser can remain open).
- Press the WINDOWS key on your computer keyboard once to open the start menu; type "Printers and Scanners".
- Click the Printers and Scanners option.
- Click on the Microsoft XPS Document Writer and choose Manage, then choose Set as default printer.
- Restart Finale.
If Finale hangs at launch or the "Server Busy" error message still appears, please continue with the steps below to turn off the print spooler.
- Close Finale any open programs.
- Hold down the Windows key and press the letter R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Type "services.msc" (without quotes) into the Run dialog box.
- Click OK.
- In the Services window that appears, locate the service named Print Spooler.
- Right-click the Print Spooler service and choose Stop.
- Close the Services window and relaunch Finale.
If this still does not resolve the issue, please use the Submit a Request option above to contact Customer Support.