There are a few reasons why Finale may play your music back at a different tempo than what has been selected in your Playback Controls.
The tempo selected in Playback Controls will always be overrode by both Tempo Expressions and MIDI Data. If you'd prefer to use the Playback Controls to control tempo in your score, then you'll want to remove any expressions from your score.
MIDI Data can be hidden so we would recommend clearing all MIDI data from your score if you're still having trouble adjusting your tempo. You can clear MIDI data from a document by following these steps:
- Choose the Selection Tool.
- Press CTRL+A (Windows) or COMMAND+A (Mac) to select the entire score.
- Right-click (Windows) or CONTROL+click (Mac) on the selected area and choose Clear Selected Items. The Clear Selected Items dialog box opens.
- Click the None button remove all checkboxes, then select MIDI Data. (The three items indented under MIDI Data will also be selected automatically, as shown below.)
- Click OK.
- Select your preferred tempo in the Playback Controls
- Test your playback
- If your playback is still not correct, please submit a ticket with the file attached for our team to review. You can select Submit a request above to reach out to the Customer Support team.