Windows 10 (I think)
I am writing a musical and have now a great deal of it arranged. My problem is that since a certain date instead of the files being noted as just Finale files there is a tag on each one I now open that connects it to a different song as well. If I now open any files at all, even an earlier version which does not have the addition, it acquires it. Once acquired the files are clearly visible when I access them via the floppy disc icon at the bottom of my screen and I can, for a time open them there and edit them. However if try to access them in Finale 25 I am told they don't exist. After a while I cannot open them via the floppy disc icon. Every file I now open acquires this 'tag' , or whatever it is called and should I continue to work on this musical I will end up with every file being unaccessible. Should my lack of computer-speak be confusing I can send screen shots which might explain it better. I am obviously very concerned indeed that I shall lose years worth of work if this cannot be resolved and should it not be resolved my musical will be lost since I do not think I could re-do it all.