Finale 25 (for Mac) brought a rewrite of the Print Dialog that included a number of annoying regressions. It is still quite deficient now over a year on.
1. There is no way to suppress appending "- Score" to the score when creating PDFs or PS files. (This also leads to nonsensical warnings about overwriting the score file when in fact the score file will not be overwritten.)
2. The Paper Size option in the print dialog does not match the options selecting in Page Layout.
3. In fact the Paper Size options are always set to the last setting I used in Finale 2014.5, as far as I can tell.
4. The score/part selection list also always is the same and seems to match the last selection list saved in Finale 2014.5.
5. When working with multiple documents, it always prompts with the last document name printed (for the PDF) rather than the current document.
What should happen (and what happened before Fin25) is:
The selection list should be captured and the page size selected should be captured. They should both be remembered the next time I open the print dialog on this document. The Page Size should also (perhaps optionally) be stored in the Page Layout settings for the document. If I am opening the print dialog the first time on this doc, it should initialize the Page Size setting from the Page Layout settings.
FWIW: I never print directly from Finale. I always print to PDF or in rare cases (when I have EPS graphics) to PS files. For all I know, this may be why I am seeing some of this behavior of not remembering my settings.