Those do look like they may be the updated chord suffixes but it appears you may encountering a font issue. If you have just downloaded the update, you may first want to try restarting the computer. The update contains a new font and sometimes it takes a restart before this is recognized properly.
If you continue to encounter a problem, feel free to use the Submit a Request button and we can take a closer look at this with you directly.
Had the EXACT same experience. HUGE flats, sharps and parentheses.I was told to uninstall Finale and reinstall. I was unwilling to do this as I had terrible problems with Garritan and Aria when I upgraded to Fin27 which took weeks for me to fix. Support was very slow, and I did countless reinstalls of Garritan and Aria. I painful experience which I am unwilling to go through again.
Obviously there is a problem with Finale's Arial chord library. I had better luck with Large Chord Suffixes (Arial 2-letter), but re-arranged the order, which made absolutely no sense.
Did you load one of the new templates and then adapt it to the instrumentation you need and then enter any old information using an xml import? Ideally the jazz templates and new chord system are designed to work together, so it might be something to test out with one file that you can then save under a different name.
I write a lot of music in and out of jazz that needs chord changes. I'd like the ability to enter chord changes - and a nice variety of default chord changes - in any document, without inordinate amount of setup. Was assuming that this was part of the aim of the 27 chord updating. . .
JAK: I followed this graphic from the Scoring Notes site:
After creating the template, I checked the chord library, which was rife with mixed fonts and poor spacing. And to top it off, I'm now getting the dreaded Error 7 - Audio Engine Failed to Load. Coincidence? Payback? Once again, all projects are on hold while I'm in Finale hell.
… I'd like the ability to enter chord changes - and a nice variety of default chord changes - in any document, without inordinate amount of setup …
You wrote “…in any document…” - but chord suffixes are document specific, not program specific.
If you create new documents from a Template, or Document Style (or by copying an existing document), that contains the chord suffixes, you need, then the new documents will contain the needed chord suffixes.
If an already existing document does not contain a chord suffix, you need, then the suffix must be added to the document, by creating the suffix, or by loading a chord suffix library.
Not sure why you are fielding this and it is getting into the semantic weeds. Yes, I understand all this. Bubbling back up to the issue at hand, chord libraries are not loading properly in default doc or templates