New post
Avatar
0

Hi, all. My principal just purchased Music Prodigy for my choir classes so that they can have a way to sing at home. I got the Unlimited version. It advertises as working with both Finale and Sibelius without qualification, which is one of the reasons I got it was because I have Finale PrintMusic 2014. 

However, when I sent to upload my first song that I wanted my students to practice, I got the error message I have included in the accompanying screenshot. I exported the MusicXML 3.0 file, which I assumed was uncompressed because Finale also has the option to export a Music XML 3.0 file (Compressed). The regular one and the compressed one still gave me the error message that shows in my screenshot.. 

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks much,

Gray Bach 

Choir Director

Matthey Middle School

San Antonio, Texas

 

8 comments

Date Votes
Avatar
0

I would contact Music Prodigy and ask them. Something doesn't seem right, if they are only supporting Finale in a 6 year old format. I wonder if they got their terms reversed, and need Finale newer than 2014.5.

Send me an email, with one of your Finale files. (My address is encoded in my signature.) I'll send you an uncompressed XML, and you can try it.

Comment actions Permalink
Avatar
0

Sending it now. And thank you much for your reply and your willingness to help.

Comment actions Permalink
Avatar
0

If you can export the PrintMusic File as an earlier version of XML, try that. (Not Music XML, just XML).

Comment actions Permalink
Avatar
0

Adrian,

According to the XML Preferences, an uncompressed file (which is what he needs) is musicxml.

 

Comment actions Permalink
Avatar
0

Hi, Mike:

 

Windows 10, it seems, has an additional option which is neither mxl nor musicxml.

 

Comment actions Permalink
Avatar
0

I sent him a file as musicxml, and it worked for him.

Comment actions Permalink
Avatar
0

Glad the problem has been solved.

Comment actions Permalink
Avatar
0

Yes. It was solved., and I thanked Mike Rosen in an email and I’m thanking him here also.
For anyone reading this that may ever have a similar issue, the problem turned out to be that PrintMusic will not work with Music Prodigy. While Finale exports a complete xml uncompressed file, even in uncompressed option, PrintMusic exports a separate .mus file with a separate xml document with a bunch of code on it and Music Prodigy cannot read that, so he told me to upgrade my PrintMusic to the full version.

Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.