At this time, MakeMusic does not currently have any plans to release a Finale product for iPadOS. To view the software system requirements for any current or legacy notation programs, please see the following Knowledge Base article: Finale Notation Software System Requirements.
However, if you did want to transfer editable notation between Finale and an existing iPadOS/iOS application, you can utilize Finale's MusicXML export. MusicXML is a universal file format designed for sharing any music notation data among multiple software platforms.
To see a list of iOS applications that recognize MusicXML files:
- Visit https://www.musicxml.com/software/.
- In the second search bar, type "iOS" without the quotation marks to filter the applications by operating system.
To export your Finale files to MusicXML, follow these steps:
- Open your document in Finale.
- Choose File > Export > MusicXML.
- Save your document as an XML file to your desktop.
To export files from an iPad notation app back to Finale via MusicXML, please refer to the following article:
*Note: this process will not alter, erase, or otherwise affect the current version of your document; this will create a new instance of the document.