The AAX version of the ARIA Player plug-in is required if you would like to use any of the Garritan Instruments with Pro Tools (11 and later). For macOS, the most recent version of this plug-in is available in the 1.872 release. The plug-in is not in the most recent version of the installers packaged with the Garritan Instruments or with Finale. So the plug-in will need to be installed manually after the instrument library has been installed. Please follow the steps below install the AAX plug-in.
- Close all open programs.
- Download and unzip the ARIA Player.aaxplugin.zip attached to this article.
- Drag the unzipped version of the plug-in to your Desktop.
- Press COMMAND+SHIFT+G, the Go to Folder window opens.
- Enter in the following location: /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins
- Drag the plug-in into the folder.