If this is happening when you launch Finale (not when updating), check out this guide instead: Error on launch after upgrading macOS: "Finale is damaged and can't be opened." (Mac)
A subset of Mac Finale v27 users have reported the following error when attempting to install the 27.4 update from within the application.
"Finale (Autoupdate)" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
This error does not occur in all cases and is also not unique to Finale. Regardless, if this does occur, you can still update to v27.4 by running the full installer. This can be done without losing user-customized preferences, templates, or libraries per the following instructions:
- Log in to your account at mmaccount.makemusic.com.
- Click Download next to your Finale v27 license. The latest installer will begin to download.
- For more information about setup, please see Downloading and installing Finale.
- After reinstalling Finale, quit all applications and restart your Mac.
- Launch Finale.
- Click the Finder icon in the Dock.
- Choose Applications in the sidebar of the Finder window.
- Double-click the Finale application.
Finale should launch normally after this, and it will be updated to v27.4, since the installer linked in your account always has the latest update of each version. If you have completed the steps above and still cannot launch Finale, please contact Customer Support by clicking Submit a request above.