Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) introduced a new feature called GateKeeper, which can prevent software from installing if it has not been digitally signed for the OS. Older versions of MakeMusic notation products and Garritan libraries were released previous to this change, and have not been digitally signed. Please find your operating system below and follow the appropriate instructions.
MacOS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) through 10.11 (El Capitan)
- Click the Apple icon and choose System Preferences; open the Security and Privacy section.
- Click the padlock icon and enter your Mac's user account password to make changes.
- Click the Anywhere button under Allow applications downloaded from and close System Preferences. (You can set this back to one of the stricter options later after running the installer).
- Run the installer.
macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- After downloading the installer, double-click the ".dmg" file to open the installer window.
- CONTROL+click on the installer icon (.pkg) and choose Open. A dialog box similar to the one shown below appears.
- Select Don't warn me when opening applications from this disk image and click Open to begin the installation.
- If the installer launches, follow the on-screen prompts to run the installer. However, if you see an additional prompt after a few moments like the following, please continue with step 5.
- Click the apple icon in the upper, left-hand corner and choose System Preferences.
- Open the Security & Privacy section.
- Choose the General tab.
- You will see a prompt that that allows you to choose Open Anyway as depicted below; choose it and complete the installer.