Hi. First time posting. New Windows install. Garritan is installed. Aria player is working. But Finale isn't seeing find the garritan instruments. Rescanning for VSTs did not work.
The 2nd part of the tip (below) guides you into manuallyadd the correct folder to the vst list. However, i don't have the referenced VST2 folder under Program Files\Common Files.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
If the issue persists, please follow these final steps to manually point Finale to the correct directory.
- Open Finale (if it is not open already).
- Choose MIDI/Audio > Device Setup > Manage VST Plug-in Directories.
- In the VST Plug-in Directories dialog box click the Add button.
- Expand the Computer (Windows 7) or This PC (Windows 8 & 10) section.
- Expand the C:\ drive.
- Expand the Program Files section.
- Expand the Common Files section.
- Expand the VST2 section.
- Click the Garritan folder once so it is selected.
- Click the OK button.
- Click Close.
- Restart Finale to see if the issue has been rectified.