EDIT: Solved. There was a setting in the grouping and the way they behave when they are hidden.
Hi. I've exhausted every option on past posts, so I created my own post. I can't get Finale to hide empty staves. The feature works up until a certain page in the music and then not at all for the rest of the piece. I've tried everything I can think of: Adding new staves and replacing the old ones, destroying brackets/groups, checking parts for settings, checking for any notes or directives, etc. The measures collapse properly if I shift them to a different page, then reappear if I move them back. I've been at it for hours and frustrated to no end.