One of the new features in macOS 13 (Ventura) is the Continuity Camera. This allows for the use of your iPhone as an external webcam and microphone. We have seen some users experience crashing or encountering the Audio Engine Failed to Load: Error Code 7 when disconnecting the iPhone with Finale open, especially when also using another Bluetooth device.
If you use the Continuity Camera and wish to continue using it, it is considered best practice to either:
- Close Finale before using the Continuity Camera
- Choose another device under your Mic Source and Output Source tab in your Audio Setup Menu.
You can change the Mic Source and Output Source by following the steps below:
- Select MIDI/Audio > Device Setup > Audio Setup. The Audio Setup Menu appears.
- Select your preferred audio device under the Mic Source tab and the Source tab under Output.
- Click OK.
If while using the Continuity Camera with Finale open your iPhone and or Bluetooth device goes too far out of range, you may experience an error reading "Audio Engine Failed to Load Error Code 7". This error occurs when Finale has been disconnected from an audio device and you will need to reselect an audio device using the steps above.
If you do not use Continuity Camera and you are experiencing issues like Error Code 7, you can disable it:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff.
- Turn off Continuity Camera.