There is a known issue with Creative Sound Blaster sound cards and Finale 2014 (including PrintMusic 2014), 2014.5, version 25, and possibly other versions on Windows. We will not be able to support Sound Blaster sound cards due to conflicts between the program and these devices that causes choppy and delayed playback. If you are using one of these sound cards and are experiencing this issue, and you have the option to use your computer manufacturer's sound device, please follow the steps below to temporarily disable and utilize your computer's built-in sound card.
- Close any open programs.
- Hold down the Windows key on your computer keyboard and press the letter R at the same time.
- Type in the following program:
- Click OK.
- Open the Sound section.
- Right-click your Sound Blaster playback device and select Show Disabled Devices.
- Right-click your Sound Blaster device again and select Disable.
- Click your computer's built-in sound device so it is selected and choose Set Default.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- Restart Finale to see if the issue has been resolved.
If you have any questions about this issue, please feel free to submit a support ticket to MakeMusic Customer Success.