Identifying your soundcard (Windows 7 through 10)
The easiest method is to look for this information in the original manuals provided by the computer’s manufacturer. If you cannot find information on the soundcard there, you may want to contact the computer's manufacturer directly to ask the question. If neither of the above is an option, follow these steps:
Windows 7 through 10
- Press WINDOWS+R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) and click OK to open the Device Manager.
- Click the + (plus sign) next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand a list of driver names.
- Double-click a driver's name to open its Properties in a dialog box.
- Choose the Driver tab and click the Driver Details button to open the Driver File Details dialog box.
- Select a driver file from the list. You'll see the provider, version, and file path of the installed driver(s).