When opening Finale files that were last saved with a Finale version prior to v25, you may be prompted with a message that the Garritan Ambience plug-in is no longer supported.
This is due to changes in the Ambience reverb's design and usage. This is just a warning message though and the plug-in is still installed with Finale and the Garritan Instruments and can be activated in your document with the steps below.
1. Open a score in Finale.
2. Select Audio Units Banks & Effects (Mac) or VST Banks and Effects (Windows) from the MIDI/Audio menu.
3. Click on the pencil icon next to the Bank 1 drop-down menu to open the ARIA Player from that bank.
4. When the ARIA Player appears choose the Effects view from the right-hand side.
5. Click the power button next to the word Ambience so that it is active.
6. Choose a preset from the Preset drop-down menu. It should look something like this:
7. Now, choose Mixer view from the right-hand side of the ARIA Player window, and adjust the Send knobs to send the reverb signal to the desired channels; turn down the others on which you don't want reverb: