In the current release of the Finale Lyrics font for Windows, the German eszett ß character was omitted. The font files attached here have the missing character and can be installed in place of the Finale Lyrics fonts installed with Finale. (Please note this issue only affects Windows users and only the Finale Lyrics font.)
To install the fonts:
- Download the attached FinaleLyricsNew.zip file.
- Close all open programs.
- Press the WINDOWS key and R, the Run Window opens.
- Enter in the following location: C:\Windows\Fonts and click OK.
- Locate Finale Lyrics, right-click on this and choose Delete.
- Close the window and then empty the Recycle Bin.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click the downloaded FinaleLyricsNew.zip file to extract it.
- In the extracted folder, double-click one of the fonts in the folder and then click Install in the upper left-corner of the Explorer window that opens to install the font.
- Close the window and repeat for the remaining two fonts.
- Restart the computer. (Note that Finale may not recognize the changes without restarting the computer.)