After upgrading to macOS 11 Big Sur, Finale v26's Special Tools may not respond as expected. When selecting one of the tools from the palette (and selecting notation when necessary), selection handles that should appear with the notes in the selected area do not, making the tools unusable. If you are experiencing this, please follow the steps below.
First, reset Finale's preferences.
- Launch Finale (if it is already running, please save all of your work and get ready to exit the program).
- Choose Finale > Preferences.
- Click the 'Reset All Preferences' button at the bottom of the preferences window.
- When prompted with a message asking if you are sure you would like to continue, choose 'Yes' if you would like to save your work.
- Once the program has closed, restart your computer.
- Relaunch Finale.
If this does not fix the issue, a reinstall of Finale will be necessary. The link below will provide steps on how to do this.
If you are still experiencing the issue after following these steps, please use the Submit a Request option above to contact MakeMusic Customer Success directly.