There are a few elements that you’ll want to check if you’re having trouble creating or editing multimeasure rests in your score.
You must be in Page View to use the Break, Create, or Edit multimeasure rest commands.
In order for measures to be grouped, they must contain Default Whole Rests so we’ll want to make sure that you’re working with those instead of real whole rests. You can take these steps to restore the default whole rests of a measure if real whole rests were manually entered into the part:
- Select a region with the Selection tool .
- Choose Plug-ins > Note, Beam, and Rest Editing > Change to Default Whole Rests
Measure Attributes can also prevent multimeasures from grouping as you intended as well. In this case, you’ll want to check individual measures to ensure that Break a Multimeasure Rest is not selected. You can check that by taking these steps:
- Select the Measure tool
- Right-click (CONTROL+click on Mac) the problematic measure and select Edit Measure Attributes...
- Deselect Break a Multimeasure Rest
- Repeat Steps 1 - 4 for any other measures that you’re having trouble with
Please submit a ticket with the file attached for our team to review if you're still having trouble creating multimeasure rests in your document. You can select Submit a request above to reach out to the Customer Support team.