Finale v26 and earlier are not compatible with the SMuFL-compliant fonts introduced in Finale v27. This can cause display issues when working back and forth between Finale v27 and older versions of the program.
You will need to create a MusicXML file from your original SMuFL-compliant document in order to create a file that Finale v26 (and earlier) can work with:
- Launch Finale v27 and open the file that you’d like to open in v26 (or earlier)
- Select File > Export > MusicXML
- Save the MusicXML file to your Desktop
You can then take these steps to open this file in the previous version of Finale:
- Select File > Import > MusicXML
- Select the MusicXML file that was previously saved to your Desktop