In some cases, the ARIA Player or Engine may not install correctly or may need to be reinstalled if an issue has occurred. If you do need to uninstall the ARIA Player and Engine and reinstall, the steps below will guide you through this. Keep in mind that in some cases the Garritan library or libraries that you are installing may also need to be reinstalled as well. To uninstall a Garritan library, please see this article Uninstalling Garritan Libraries.
- Press the WINDOWS key on your computer keyboard; type "Programs and Features".
- Choose the Programs and Features option that appears.
- Find the ARIA Engine in the list of programs that appears.
- Right-click ARIA Engine [version number] and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall the ARIA Engine.
- Repeat steps 3 - 5 for the Garritan ARIA Player [version number] to uninstall the ARIA Player.
You can now reinstall a previous version of the ARIA Player.
macOS 10.15 Catalina and Later
- Quit all open programs except this article.
- Click the Finder dock icon, then choose Go > Go to Folder from the top menu bar to open the Go To Folder dialog box.
- Type "/Library/Preferences" and press RETURN.
- In the Preferences folder, delete the following files:
- Choose Go > Go to Folder again. Type "/Library/Application Support/Garritan" and press RETURN.
- Delete the following folder:
- Choose Go > Go to Folder again. Type "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins" and press RETURN.
- There are multiple subfolders within Plug-Ins that may have ARIA Player components. Delete the following files (if they are present):
- From Components folder, delete the file ARIA Player AU.component
- From the VST folder, delete the files ARIA Player VST Multi.vst and ARIA Player VST.vst
- From the VST3 folder, delete the file ARIA Player.vst3
- Choose Go > Go to Folder again. Type "~/Library/Preferences" and press RETURN. (Be sure to include the tilde ~ symbol in this filepath.)
- Delete the following files:
com.Garritan.ARIA Player SA.plist
com.Garritan.ARIAPlayer.plist (if present)
- Choose Go > Go to Folder again. Type "~/Library/Application Support/Garritan" and press RETURN. (This filepath also has a tilde ~ symbol.)
- Delete the following folder:
- Choose Go > Applications from the top menu bar.
- Depending on the version, you may need to delete the file ARIA Player.app or a folder named Garritan ARIA Player.
- Empty the trash and restart your computer.
macOS 10.14 Mojave and Earlier
- Download the file ARIA_Uninstaller_1.021.app.zip attachment found at the bottom of this article.
- Double-click the zip file to extract ARIA_Uninstaller_1.021.
CONTROL-click (or right-click) ARIA_Uninstaller_1.021 and choose Open. Double-clicking this file will not work.
Mac users with OS X 10.8 or later may need to adjust their System Preferences if the uninstaller is blocked by GateKeeper.
- Once scanning is complete, choose ARIA Player from the pop-up menu.
- You will be shown the list of the files to be removed. Take a minute to browse through the list to ensure no personal files are in the ARIA product folder(s) by mistake.
- Click Remove.
- Repeat steps 3-5, choosing ARIA Engine from the pop-up menu.
You can now reinstall a previous version of the ARIA Player. Click here to download the installer for the latest version.