In some cases, the ARIA Player or Engine may not install correctly or may need to be reinstalled if an issue has occurred. If you do need to uninstall the ARIA Player and Engine and reinstall, the steps below will guide you through this. Keep in mind that in some cases the Garritan library or libraries that you are installing may also need to be reinstalled as well. To uninstall a Garritan library, please see this article Uninstalling Garritan Libraries.
- Press the WINDOWS key on your computer keyboard; type "Programs and Features".
- Choose the Programs and Features option that appears.
- Find the ARIA Engine in the list of programs that appears.
- Right-click ARIA Engine [version number] and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall the ARIA Engine.
- Repeat steps 3 - 5 for the ARIA Player [version number] to uninstall the ARIA Player.
You can now reinstall a previous version of the ARIA Player.
macOS 10.14 Mojave and Earlier
- Download the file ARIA_Uninstaller_1.021.app.zip attachment found at the bottom of this article.
- Double-click the zip file to extract ARIA_Uninstaller_1.021.
CONTROL-click (or right-click) ARIA_Uninstaller_1.021 and choose Open. Double-clicking this file will not work.
Mac users with OS X 10.8 or later may need to adjust their System Preferences if the uninstaller is blocked by GateKeeper.
- Once scanning is complete, choose ARIA Player from the pop-up menu.
- You will be shown the list of the files to be removed. Take a minute to browse through the list to ensure no personal files are in the ARIA product folder(s) by mistake.
- Click Remove.
- Repeat steps 3-5, choosing ARIA Engine from the pop-up menu.
You can now reinstall a previous version of the ARIA Player. Click here to download the installer for the latest version.
macOS 10.15 Catalina
- Close all open programs.
- Click the Go menu at the top of the screen and choose Applications.
- Locate the ARIA Player application. If you are unsure which version you have, check for both and delete both.
- For ARIA Player version 1.872 and earlier, locate the folder named Garritan ARIA Player, and delete the folder.
- For ARIA Player version 1.959 or later, locate the icon titled ARIA Player, and delete the app icon.